Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Empty Nest

I live alone.

For the first time in my adult life, I live alone.


No one to make a mess after I have just cleaned.

No pet to walk or feed or…pet. Just beautiful plants to water (they are bigger now).



If there is a mess in the kitchen, I made it.

No one to eat the last slice of pie (but there's no pie, I'm dieting--sort of). You know what I mean, though.

Yippeeee.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I worry about my daughter and especially about my granddaughter. But, I cannot believe how long a roll of toilet paper lasts. And, the carton of milk froze in the fridge because there hasn’t been anyone standing with the door open for 10 minutes. I don’t have to rush home. I don’t have to buy feminine products, or see any. The list continues.

It is fantastic.

I can get out of bed and not wear a robe…or a gown for that matter.

Oh My Goodness. This is Good Stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment