Sunday, January 28, 2007

Bitching! You can skip this one, it's a pity party.

May as well call it what it is...

I am tired. I am fighting off a cold. I worked six days in a row this week for a total of 62 hours. (No, I VOLUNTEERED for it. Being in the Army should have taught me to never volunteer, but I never learn). I got a complaint from a guy who did not like that I put him on hold. In addition to working doubles, my co-worker did not come in for 3 days. So it's just me and the guy I'm training all night. WHICH MEANS IT'S JUST ME! Give me a fucking break already!

I freaking HATE snow, temps in the teens, and snowstorms. I hate flat tires, especially at 6 am, when hardly anything is open, then you have to fish around for 3 quarters for AIR! It was so cold that after 20 seconds my hands were blocks of ice, with gloves. No one is supposed to live with temperatures in the teens, and below zero wind chills! It's inhumane! (See, Kelly, I told you I'd be bitching about the weather soon enough.)

I have been dreaming about my father and my grandmother this week. I just woke up with an ache in my stomach and my heart.

I am lonely. Hate that. HATE it.

I can't even go wander the art museum because they are renovating and are only open for special exhibits.

I wish I could just have 1 month where I was not the mature, responsible one. I want to be the one who 'forgot' or doesn't show up. I want to be the LAST one someone calls when they need whatever they need today. I mean, at work, I am training because NO ONE else wanted to do it. Our boss asked us all, and no one answered. So he comes to me and says please, and blows smoke, and here I am training. I went to nights to get away from all of the BS. Here I am, Little Susie Sunshine, 'Sure Juan, I'll train him. No problem.' WTF ! Damn, Damn, Damn!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to train someone to be ready for anything and to miss nothing? There is no training manual or formula for that.

Just shoot me!

I'll get over myself in a day or two.

peace.


5 comments:

  1. I won't hold it against you for bitching. I can understand why you would.

    Training can be a pain and very draining. I always end up being the one assigned to training people. (I think it's because I'm the only one who writes anything down!)

    Hang in there. This week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you! And, yes - I know what it's like to train people like that - I (try to) train them to ride safely and not get themselves killed.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping things settle down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can surely relate to the work issues -- I'm flying solo these days, but the workload hasn't decresed one iota.

    And I'm also with you on the HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the frickin' snow and wind chill crap!

    Whine away!

    ReplyDelete